According to Passport Index; the Nigerian passport is ranked 177th in the world and did you know that as a holder of this great passport you can visit 44 countries around the world without a visa?
While some of these countries require you to get a visa on arrival, others are complete without a visa. I know that no one exactly enjoys filling visa forms or attending many visa appointments so maybe you could just plan your next visit around any of these countries. As a bearer of the 57th most useful passport in the world here are the countries you can visit.
- Bangladesh – This South Asian country offers Nigerian passport holders Visa on arrival
2. Barbados-Here Nigerians are offered Visa-free for up to 6 months. Although it is absolutely visa-free if you have a U.S Visa. This is one country I hope to visit soon.
3. Benin Republic– This Neighboring West African country is Visa-free for Nigerians
4. Burkina Faso– Visa free.
5. Burundi– Visa on arrival at the Bujumbura International Airport for 30 days.
6. Cameroon –Visa free.
7. Cape Verde– This is a Western African Portuguese colony which Nigerians get Visa on arrival.
8. Chad– This North African country is Visa-free for Nigerians. –Tibesti mountain
9. Comoros Island – Visa on arrival.
10. Cote d’Ivoire – This is a nearby country to Nigeria and it is Visa-free for Nigerians.
11. Djibouti- Visa on arrival.
12. Dominican- Visa free for 21 days.
13. Fiji Island –Visa free for 4 months for Nigerian International passport holders.
14. Gambia – Visa free for 90 days.
15. Georgia– Visa on arrival
16. Ghana– This ECOWAS country happens to be one of the popular travel location from Nigeria within Africa as you can get to Ghana either by road or Air from Nigeria and for Nigerians it is Visa free.
17. Guinea– It is a West African Francophone country which offers Nigerians a Visa-free entry to the Country.
18. Guinea Bissau– Visa free for 90 days.
19. Haiti– Visa free for 90 days.
20. Iran– Iran offers a visa on arrival to Nigerian passport holders.
21. Kenya-Nigerians get Visa on arrival in Kenya for 90 days.
22. Liberia –Visa-free for Nigerians.
23. Madagascar – Nigerians get Visa on arrival for 90 days.
24. Maldives– Maldives and Nigeria are both Commonwealth members and the Maldives offer Nigerians Visa on arrival for 30 days.
25. Mali -Nigerian Passport holders don’t need a visa to visit Mali.
26. Mauritania –Visa on arrival.
27. Mauritius -Nigerians get Visa free for 90 days.
28. Micronesia –Visa free for 30 days.
29. Mozambique – Visa on arrival for 30 days.
30. Nauru– Here, Nigerians get Visa on arrival.
31. Niger Republic– Niger Republic is a neighbour to Nigeria and Nigerians do not need a Visa to Visit.
32. Palau – Visa on arrival for 30 days for Nigerians.
33. Rwanda– Visa on arrival
34. Samoa –Visa on arrival for 60 days.
35. Senegal -This country is also Visa-free for Nigerians.
36. Seychelles –Visa on arrival for 30 days. This is also another place I hope to visit
37. Sierra Leone – Visa free.
38. Somalia – Nigerians get Visa on arrival in Somalia.
39. Sri Lanka– Electronic travel authorization which will allow Nigerians stay for 30 days.
40. Tanzania – Visa on arrival for Nigerians.
41. Timor Leste –Visa on arrival for 30 days.
42. Togo -Togo which is also a West African country is Visa-free for Nigerians.
43. Tuvalu – Visa on arrival for 30 days.
44. Uganda –Visa on arrival.
45. Vanuatu – Visa free for 30 days.
I hope that this post helps you with your travel plans and also inspires you to travel better and learn something new with more options. These visa rules are very dynamic so please check well before you fly! What visa-free countries have you visited?which do you recommend and which do you plan on visiting?
Please feel free to Like this post, share and leave a comment; Also subscribe to the blog!