Road trips are a fun way to see and experience the beauty of nature and culture of so many different places. Ever gone on a road trip before or gone on several like me or maybe you want to embark on a road trip and you need tips on how to enjoy your road trip? This is solely based on my own experience(s), it may differ for one who drives down himself/herself. I hope they are useful to you.
1. If you are going with a Public Transport, try to book ahead or get to the Bus-park early so you can choose a good seat that has enough room for your comfortability. If you are in Nigeria; transport companies like ABCTransport and God is good motors render their services online which makes it easier for you to book.
2. Have your Phone/Tablet filled with your favourite music or movies to keep you company.
3. Carry your Earphones, chargers, Neck rest and power bank.
4. Be extremely careful of what you eat the night before you embark on your journey or the morning you are travelling this is to avoid you been in a situation where you would need to visit the toilet frequently.
5. As much as you need money, please carry less cash when you are travelling a long distance; you can carry your debit cards to replace your large amount of cash.
6. Go with essential medications if possible; even if its paracetamol, tetracycline and car sickness drugs. Plus chewing gums could help if you feel like throwing up during your trip.
7. Try as much as you can to pack light for road trips, so you don’t have to pay for excess luggage or squeeze your things in the vehicle with little room for yourself.
8. Expect traffic, bumpy roads and checkpoints, stay relaxed in all please; just have your destination in mind.
9. Give someone updates on where you are par time just for safety reasons.
10. Most importantly, have fun, enjoy the beauty of nature and take as many pictures as you can.
What are your own essential tips for enjoying a road trip? Please feel free to share with me; do well to also like the post, share, comment and also subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss any post.